My beautiful vehicle ...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drizzles, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

This is my beloved motor vehicle. I've had it for just under a year now and take only the very best care of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a 1998 BMW E46 318i.

It is my lovely and my lovely it shall be :D

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Nice looking car! Sure looks better than my beat up truck... :-D Just out of curiosity, what are the lines in the top left of your first picture?

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Look like power lines to me.

4. mintyleaf

mintyleaf Private E-2

gorgeous color!! is that custom paint? I've never seen that in USA, and I live in the hood where people custom paint their cars candy colors!

5. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

How in the hell did you notice that!?

Yeah I think they're power lines.

And no that's actually standard paint just well taken care of ;)

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I noticed it because I was once a semi pro photographer, and I used to restore pictures. Old habits die hard. I like to look at photos upside down to look at the composition.

Nice ride though, I did see that! :-D

7. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Ah fair nuf xD

8. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

When i fisrt saw your pic i thought we had another Belgian on the forum, The numberplate is just the same as ours.

[​IMG]

The top plate is how they are now but next year they will change to the one at the bottom.

I bought one of these earlier in the year and i love it:drool

[​IMG]

9. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Ahh going Euro style. We've actually got something called Personalised Plates, which, for a (rather hefty sometimes) price, you can have different styles colours etc. You can get Euro style, standard but in colours, slimline, short style etc etc etc.

Ah yes, the Rav4. I've heard they've gotten quite good. Mum and Dad actually just bought a brand new Hyundai Santa Fe.

[​IMG]

It's quite impressive actually. My only three bad remarks would have to be, the leather, Mum and Dad bought the Highest model, which is supposed to be the "luxury" model, the leather is still too rugged and heavy duty for a luxury model, it needs to be softer. Also, the seats are very hard and don't hug your body like their supposed to. Thirdly, I understand its a 4X4 so it has to have these shocks but it's also an SUV, mainly used on the road, so they should have a set of shocks that suffices for both on and off road. I can tell you on road when your coming up and entering a rather large driveway, at which there is a mid sized bump, if you tackle it on an angle you nearly lose your head out the window from the side-to-side rocking motion.

Other than those three but, it's an excellent vehicle.

10. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

You have a good point
    The Toyota has the same problem they are just too stiff, the leather seats in mine are really soft and grab you fast when you sit in there.

We needed an auto with big doors to accommodate my disabilities so we looked at many different breeds Volvo,hyundi,Ford,Kia and many more.

11. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Ahh so now I understand why they call you the Bionic Belgian. What disabilities are these if you don't mind me asking?

12. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I had a serious road accident a few year ago and needed a lot of surgeries (10 and counting)
    I have metal splints in my neck and back, two false hips a splint in my leg that makes the left leg 11mm longer than the right and so it goes on.

I am still under construction so my mobility is very restricted.

[​IMG]

13. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Wow, I couldn't even recognise that was a bike at first ... you did well :p ... are you still able to drive? How did you manage to do that? (the accident that is)

14. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Yep i can drive OK but getting in and out is tricky.

As for the accident lets say don't mix alcohol with high powered motorcycles.

15. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

A lesson for the younger (and not so young) geeks here to take to heart.
    Glad that you pulled through and are with us today.

16. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Definetly ... lucky I don't drink ... I hope you get better and better and am most definetly in agreement with hrlow2.

17. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I was at the hospital this morning so here is what i look like inside, the screws and rods you see in the middle of the x Ray are the same as i have in my neck.

Attached Files:

18. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

You know, I'm one of those believers that believes that one day nano technology will get so far it will change the face of medicine forever. One day a simple, directed injection will be all anyone needs to cure any ailment, cure any broken bone or damaged organ, kill any virus or disease.

I've seen similar things before, but every time you see it again is a bit of a wake up. How many of those have you got? And how many more do you have to go?

19. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Well as i said i have the same thing in the neck and some screws in my right shoulder and a small plate in my left hand.
    I have been under the knife 5 times this year and still have 4 more surgeries on my knees but i have been stalling them off untill next year because i am sick of hospital food.

It's great fun at the airport when they can not get me through the scanner.

20. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

I had to laugh twice there lol ... the longest I've ever been in Hospital was a week for dehydration so I can agree with you about the food but, I must admit I can't claim to have eaten the same amount. And as for the airport what the hell DO they do there!? What happens do they let you through anyway or what?

21. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I have had a strip down but mostly they see the X-rays (i always carry the DVD with me) they just do a pat down.

We are coming to the states in the new year and i can't wait to see the Miami security going wild.

22. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

LOL I can just imagine them waving the wand over you and having it bleep the entire time ... you could walk in ... "Yes, it is I! The Belgian Terrorist! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA, I SHALL OBLITERATE YOU ALL!!" lol thatd be gold ...

23. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Wow Bill, that is a lot of metal. Be careful if you fly into the US, the TSA would have a field day with you! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds