printer cartridges

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by oldandconfusedagain, Aug 11, 2014.

1. oldandconfusedagain

oldandconfusedagain Private E-2 <i>emeritus</i>

I don't know if this is ethical or not. get rid of it if not. #1 son got rid of his HP printer. I've got 2 cartridges, 1 a genuine dell, the other a compatible, both are series 7. If anyone can use them I would be more than happy to mail them to you rather than dispose of them. No charge. Send me a PM with your address. Probably be 3 or 4 days before I can get them mailed.

Attached Files:

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Nope. You are good. :)

We just don't allow the selling of things anymore.

3. oldandconfusedagain

I know that rule. Thank you. Hope someone can use them.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I print so infrequently that I gave up maintaining a printer. Quick trip to Staples and done. I spend less that $5.00 a year on printing. ;)

5. oldandconfusedagain

understand. I do quite a lot of printing.
    sorry no one could use these. they go in the trash tomorrow.
    have a great evening, or day.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Pity as recycling is good, Oldand confusedagain (that's me always) is that locally you have no options?

I think the sharing of PC parts and INK is a good local venture, kinda thinking an "app" is in the making for this.

7. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

Just curious, Tim-

What do you do if you have to download a coupon, rebate forms, etc?

8. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I answered a recent similiar thread about printer cartridges again. Mentioned local charities having a sunday paper always " you can help " column. Printer cartridges is a specific item they want. COUPONS is also on their list as they pass them out to elderly and disadvantaged clients. Even drink can tabs. Support Ronald McDonald houses for parents who can't afford trips with their kids getting treatments. We drive by these places in our everyday lives. Sunday papers are full of coupons that most either throw away or put in the burn pile-I'm as guilty as anybody-. We often overlook how to help people we will never see much less the people we actually come in contact with everyday. We all could and should do more. We could all use help one way or another. Another thread active now is how to make the world a better place? If everybody thinks of someone else for just a moment - it is a beginning.

9. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Save it to a thumb drive and go to Staples.

10. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted.:-o

11. Imandy Mann

oh yeah Tim . They want unneeded thumbdrives too!:cry:wave

12. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

Wrong thread posted.

13. Imandy Mann

The cartridges and coupons are for real. I was making a joke about the thumbdrive. But office workers probably need the sneaker-net devices every now and then.This is from a closeby town but probably true in many other places.

http://www.newsherald.com/lifestyles/you-can-help-1.249569?page=2

http://www.newsherald.com/lifestyles/you-can-help-1.249569?page=3

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds