Book(s) on the history of Internet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GoshenGeek, Oct 12, 2014.

1. GoshenGeek

GoshenGeek Corporal

I am looking for good, factual books on the history of the Internet from its very beginning to the current Internet technology. I am especially interested in a book that talks not just about the technology but also about the people & personalities involved. Can you recommend one or more such books?

Note that NPR recently spoke with Walter Isaacson who wrote "The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution" which sounded good. However a number of on-line reviewers reported serious factual errors in this book. So I am looking for something better.

Any suggestions?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. GoshenGeek

GoshenGeek Corporal

Good grief, I plum forgot about checking wikipedia. Thanks for the info.

4. markhall

markhall Private E-2

If it hasn't cropped up on the wiki page, I can recommend Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins of the Internet by Katie Hafner. Factual, detailed but a good read too.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds