User erased & Files LOST

Discussion in 'Software' started by zenj, May 6, 2003.

1. zenj

zenj Private E-2

Hi Folks

I was away for about 4 days, during this time my 10 year old son entered into the pc and created his name as the administrator( I never had a more than one user on this XP machine), then when I came back today I found the following

Myself I was there but under ZENJ2 and not as ZENJ as before, his name was the under the administrator but I deleted it without any problems.

On remaining with one name as before , all my files were lost and there was nothing in mail boxes in the outlook express, all folders were empty with no personal files.

In other words I have lost everything, when I tried to launch System Restore, it did restore to 5 days ago and the folders were back as before , but they were empty and still all mails are gone and so is the address book , the favs, and all files everywhere which were personal of mine.

tried to check several places in the hard disk but I can not locate the files

What can I do ?

Please help

Zenj

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. ched

ched Private E-2

kids .................... sigh

4. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Is the ZENJ folder still around in "Documents and Settings" or is there only the ZENJ2 folder ?
    If the ZENJ folder is still around then you can change the wanted account to use the settings (Along with mail and favorites) which reside in the ZENJ folder.

If the ZENJ folder is not around then you could try to find some unerase/undelete tool(Like Kodo Posted), which is able to restore the files you had before. But I guess after a system restore then it is very unlikely that the areas of the HDD that contained the ZENJ folder and files have been left untouched.

5. zenj

zenj Private E-2

will try kodo's advice

Thanks

6. Brona

Brona Private E-2

Hello.

Active@ undelete. This is a tool that really can help you. It worked simply great for me so IHMO you will also find it useful. Really recommended utility!
    http://www.active-undelete.com/

7. star17

star17 MajorGeek

You need to quit bumping up old threads to pimp this software.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds