Program to Track Internet usage

Discussion in 'Software' started by VoiD, Jun 30, 2006.

1. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

im thinking about switching ISP but alot of them have monthly usage allowances.

so im looking for a program to just to track how much my PC downloads over a month IF there is such a thing or any other way to do it

Thanks for the replys :)

2. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

hmm nobody have any info on this? :|

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes, this app works well, or did for me when I was just reviewing my downloads/uploads over a year period.. I was just curious as I have a high limit.

Down2Home

4. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

awesome exactly what i was looking for, thanks for the link mate, oh and i found i had an error during installation on XP so i downloaded a fresh copy from the authors webite and it worked a treat!

i will continue to try this little jem :)

5. DavidGP

Yeah you may have needed the full version which adds MDAC contols, basically for the access database in which all the data from the program is stored, glad you have it now installed tho :)

I still have it running on my deskop, just a curiosity more than anything else as to how much I download/upload, been working now for 2 1/2 years, you can also with the program set alarms to alert you if you are getting close to your download limit, which is handy.

6. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

yeah i just installed the basic vers. to test to see if its what i need and it seems to be perfect. i have been playing games ect to see if it has any affect on perfomance or such things and as far as i can tell its totally invisible.

the reason i had to find something like this is becuase the ISP i use has no download limit on ANY of thier packages so they dont have any kind of system in use for monitoring such info, which i thought was rather strange or they just dont wanna give that info out.

i shall be installing the full version now to use all the features :)

thanks again Halo!

7. DavidGP

No sorry, if its working fine now then you dont need the full version as you must have MDAC controls already installed, the basic and full install versions are no different in functionality apart from the full having MDAC built in to the install process.

Not on the PC that has it installed right now, but if memory serves all you need to do is right click the house icon in the taskbar and one of the menus allows you to all a warning point in as to when to alert you when you downloading had hit a certain point.

Right Click taskbar icon > Options > Volume Left.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds