Microphone ? you've NEVER seen before! HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by King's_X, Dec 23, 2008.

1. King's_X

King's_X Private E-2

Hey guys, here's a new one that has stumped me for 6 months...

I have 2 mics: Both work in windows and in Vent/TS, but neither works in Cod 4 or COD 5. I've quadruple checked all settings, downloaded latest drivers and still nothing...I get no level indicator in the cod4 game. It's as though the game itself doesn't recognize the mic
    Here's the 2 kickers...
    1) The mic ACTUALLY worked at one point in COD4...one day fine, the next NOTHING
    2) When i go to hit "+20 db boost" it UNCHECKS it the next time I go into that option

I am at my wit's end!! Help!!! :cry
    p.s. Windows XP, Soundblaster Audity 2 ZS
    thanks!!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    Just for kicks try temporarily disabling the SB Audigy card (or just pull it out of the PC for a few minutes), re-enable the on board audio, plug in the microphone(s), and see if the mic(s) work that way....

Happy Holidaze! :drink

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds