flashplayer & android

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by tonyhale, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyhale

tonyhale Lounge Lizard No.2

Just got hold of a Samsung Galaxy tab4 10.1 - don't seen to be able to use flash player - any idea's how

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Tony

Sadly if memory serves Adobe pulled Flash from the Google Play Store in 2012 and from mobile devices in general, just didn't work too well and most sites were moving to HTML5, Java, Adobe Air, Silverlight as well for design of rich data.

Seems to be a few workarounds to get the .*** file for Flash Player installed but seems to many caveats to this for me to recommend, plus I don't have Android devices to have tested this on, some here like Adryn may likely have and could advise.

Some 3rd party apps HERE

3. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Search the Google Play Store for 'flash browser' and you can get most flash enabled websites to work with those but most if not all aren't free. Puffin Browser is good but again not free but at $3.99 it's not real expensive either. You get a trial period so you can find the one you like best for free.

The old Flash download from Adobe isn't supported any longer and it's getting to where it seldomly works so I went ahead and bought Puffin and it has a much higher success rate but isn't perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds