Bluescreen..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by outdoorgal, Aug 27, 2014.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

..showed up for the first time so I thought I best check with you guys before I try anything. I'll attach my computer info, and also a clip of the error window.

The only thing other then that, that I have noticed is that my battery recently petered out, so I use the power cord. Usually, when no issues but I noticed sometimes there is a vibration near the laptop input for power cord. Just happens when I am shutting it down. Then today, I got the bluescreen.

I'll attach the info now on my laptop, and I did see there were other posts asking about the bluescreen. I couldn't find one that seemed to pertain to my issue though.

Thank you in advance for any feedback/suggestions, Denise

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. outdoorgal

Oh, I did forget to tell you guys I was playing a BigFish game, and then closed it down, and that is when the bluescreen flashed. I bought the game, but online, so not from a DVD. I doubt that had anything to do with it and I bought my laptop about November, 2011. I would hope a laptop lasts longer then that, but I realize that could be the problem, it's getting old:(

3. outdoorgal

I see many ask for this file (minidump), hope this is right:

Attached Files:

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, Denise.

0xF4 BSODs are usually disk I/O related (hard drive/SSD errors, System file corruption, malware, maybe a lack of Windows Updates, bad connection to the drive, ... ), feels like this one freaked out trying to do 'something' while it was closing the game ( FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_bfggameservice_IMAGE__ = trying to save the game file that was loaded in memory (image) to disk?) and a crucial (to Windows) process crashed.

Yeah, helpful, eh ;) ?

Well, it might have been a fluke, a one-off. But, from your description (no battery + dodgy mains power connector) it could well have been from a momentary power blip resulting in the drive being 'lost' as the game file was being saved.

As hardware errors trump anything we can do with software, I'd want to get the notebook stripped down and a new power connector soldered in before going any further (I'd guess at $30-50).

Otherwise, run chkdsk /r /f from a Command prompt and allow a disk check to be scheduled for reboot; after the reboot and check, run SFC /SCANNOW 3 times, with a reboot in between each run, to try to fix any bad/missing System files.
    Code:
    *******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8006a7a4d0, fffffa8006a7a7b0, fffff80002f84270}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
    Probably caused by : _

Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------

0: kd> !analyze -v; !sysinfo cpuspeed; !sysinfo SMBIOS; lmtsmn; q
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
    A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
    terminated.
    Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
    system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
    longer function.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
    Arg2: fffffa8006a7a4d0, Terminating object
    Arg3: fffffa8006a7a7b0, Process image file name
    Arg4: fffff80002f84270, Explanatory message (ascii)

Debugging Details:
    ------------------

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----

KERNEL_LOG_FAILING_PROCESS:  (

PROCESS_OBJECT: fffffa8006a7a4d0

IMAGE_NAME:  _

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

MODULE_NAME: _

FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000 

PROCESS_NAME:  bfggameservice

BUGCHECK_STR:  0xF4_bfggameservice

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff8000300cab2 to fffff80002c7ebc0

STACK_TEXT:  
    fffff880`0a2b0b08 fffff800`0300cab2 : 00000000`000000f4 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`06a7a4d0 fffffa80`06a7a7b0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    fffff880`0a2b0b10 fffff800`02fb7abb : ffffffff`ffffffff fffffa80`06cb5060 fffffa80`06a7a4d0 fffffa80`072ce060 : nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+0x92
    fffff880`0a2b0b50 fffff800`02f36f04 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`06a7a4d0 00000000`00000008 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x17486
    fffff880`0a2b0ba0 fffff800`02c7de53 : fffffa80`06a7a4d0 fffff880`ffffffff fffffa80`06cb5060 00000000`00000000 : nt!NtTerminateProcess+0xf4
    fffff880`0a2b0c20 00000000`77c9157a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
    00000000`003be808 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x77c9157a

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xF4_bfggameservice_IMAGE__

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xF4_bfggameservice_IMAGE__

Followup: MachineOwner

5. outdoorgal

Hi Satrow,

Many thanks for your info. I do all my Win Updates, so I don't think it's that. I am going to do the chkdsk first since I don't have the dough to get the new connector. I did find new batteries, or maybe they were refurbished, on Ebay, but again, I'd still have the connector issue.

So, I'll start with the chkdsk this a.m. I am using the laptop, things are going fine, but last night I was watching an AVI file with VLC (WMP stopped working so I downloaded VLC to try) and about mid-movie, stopped working. Unfortunately, I didn't get the error message copied. If I try another movie, I will do that for sure.

I'm not sure what to do with the "insert" of Debugging info? Is that just an example of what I'll see when I do the chkdsk? Thanks again, I do appreciate you showing up to help me;) Denise

6. outdoorgal

Ok, I ran my Malwarebytes too and had one file to "delete/quarenteen" and it was this file:

PUP.optional.ibryte

Don't know what it was, but I'll google it. Also, I tried the game I was playing yesterday, and all went fine, until I closed it down (just the game, and the game manager for bigfish) and I got the "attached" runtime error, if that might shed some light.

I seem to be having two issues, one with Bigfish, and one with .avi files using either divx (which won't even play a movie although the program loads up as if it's ready to play. I click on the avi and it doesn't load/play at all). I've also tried playing the avi's with WMP, and VLC. It must be the avi files, so I am going to now try a different movie file, or perhaps I can convert avi's, never tried that yet.

If an admin will move this to "software" I think that might be where I should have posted it, apologies, Denise

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  7. satrow

The errors you're seeing could all be down to a damaged drive, get the chkdsk and SFC /scannow done and save all vital data away from that drive.

The PUP is unlikely to be related, it might affect your search engine, add adverts in your browser but shouldn't break games/movies, etc.

The analysis code was just for info, it's a basic breakdown of what was happening during the crash from the minidump data.

8. outdoorgal

Oh, geez, I forgot about the minidump, ok, got it. I'll do the SFC /scannow, but how do I save the data? Will I be able to copy and paste that info?

My computer worked fine yesterday. I played my game, and except for the one, runtime error, it went fine the rest of the day. Also, I downloaded your ACE converter and tried that on a couple of the AVI files. It worked great, and I was able to use my WMP. Converted from avi to wmv's.

Feels like a "one time" thing at this point, but never can tell so I will do the scannow thing;) Thank you again, Denise

9. satrow

The SFC log is called CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Details here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Yes, a one-time issue can be pretty perplexing, an old Windows troubleshooting tip - reboot and try to replicate it - if you can't, it probably means your older session was bugged and you're unlikely to hit it again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds