Being disconnected from the net.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by regular_john, Oct 24, 2006.

1. regular_john

regular_john Private E-2

My internet connection drops every 5-10 minutes. I have ran Spybot, Ad-aware, ran other scans for Malware etc and been on Hijack this forums, removed harmful software and yet the probem persists.
    The problem was happening with my Cable Broadband connection, now I'm on an ADSL broadband connection and the connection is still dropping. I have contacted the ISP and they have been unable to solve this for me. I considered the possibility that there may be electrical interference however the telephone line is perfectly fine, my mother can sit on the phone for 1-2 hours talking nonsense and she never gets disconnected or experiences distortion of any sort.

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is going on.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Are you on a Router as well or just a Modem.??

3. regular_john

regular_john Private E-2

Just an ADSL Modem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds