Disk Manager search options from file manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by danimal, Apr 20, 2009.

1. danimal

danimal Private E-2

All,

I am looking for a disk catalog manager software that can build a database of file from several portable hard drives and/or CD's. I would like to be able to right click on files I find later in Windows File Manager and conduct an automatic search of the database for the files to see if they are already in the database of portable drives.

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Are you looking for a web-based solution or a software install?

3. danimal

danimal Private E-2

It would have to be a software install. I would like to build a catalog database from several CD and large USB drives. From windows file manager I would like to right click on a file to search the database to see if any versions of the file exist. This will allow quick assessment if I already have a specific file stored in may archives.

Thanks for any suggestions where to look.

-- Danimal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds