Programs randomly crashes and computer randomly restarts itself?

Discussion in 'Software' started by SenatorSushi, Aug 8, 2011.

1. SenatorSushi

SenatorSushi Private E-2

I noticed yesterday that youtube randomly crashes whenever I was watching a full screen 720p videos. Then today, I noticed that even when I was watching 480 video not in full screen it would still crash like in the middle of the video. The error message I would get here would be something like "Shockwave Flash plug-in have crashed". It would crash on all chrome, firefox and IE.

Sometimes instead of just showing me the shockwave flash has crashed, it just restarts my computer completely.

Sometimes when I'm just listening to music on itunes, the computer would also randomly restart.

Everytime it restart itself like this I would get the error message:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : BF800B8D BCP3 : BA74F844
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\*my name*\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0122.dir00\Mini020408-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\*my name*\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0122.dir00\sysdata.xml

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ECS
    System Model: P4M900T-M
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2160 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 3070MB RAM
    Page File: 901MB used, 4058MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

I've already try updating everything on Windows Update. I'm not sure whats going on.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. faizanshakyboy

faizanshakyboy Private E-2

3. SenatorSushi

SenatorSushi Private E-2

I've tried most of everything on that website. The only thing I haven't done is do a complete scan(because the computer keeps restarting) and check the power supply.

But regardless, I don't quite think that would solve it. I downloaded BlueScreenView to view and google the error message. The "Bug Check String" includes:

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Ntfs.sys
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32k.sys
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP intelppm.sys
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER USBPORT.SYS
    http://www.google.com/search?q=BAD_POOL_HEADER+Npfs.SYS

Wow thats alot. If I could attach the image to show you what else they say I would. But my attachment keeps failing to upload for some reason.

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi, do you get the same issues in safemode ?? if you cannot run this fix due to the constant restarts do it in safemode.....

Try running a disk check.....

How to run Chkdsk from My Computer or from Windows Explorer
    1.Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
    2.Click Properties, and then click Tools.
    3.Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
    4.Use one of the following procedures:
    a)To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
    b)To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start.
    c)To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box, and then click Start.... (Select both b+c )
    Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
    The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
    Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

iain.t :major

5. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing flash and shockwave?

If that is all OK then it soulds like heat issues. Do you know how hot your system is running? if not download coretemp to get an idea.

6. SenatorSushi

SenatorSushi Private E-2

I've tried that though i'm not sure if my computer had restarted while it was error checking.

7. SenatorSushi

SenatorSushi Private E-2

I've tried reinstalling but no luck. I'm pretty sure this is a minidump issues since I keep getting the BSOD.

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Merged the two threads on the same topic to keep all info together.

9. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Minidumps are just dumps of the memory that give you a clue as to what the problem is. The minidumps dont cause the problem. If you have some minidump files then upload them and we can take a look.

10. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

plug in is for chrome and FF, believe IE uses active x. sounds like a graphics issue. If AMD or Nvidia an update might be the fix. If another mfg you might try slimdrivers...It isn't rated above a 4, but worked well for me. Just a guess, but it looks to be driver issues:wave

11. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Im inclined to agree that it is software related. the minidumps will help to identify the problem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds