Microsoft Office 2007

Discussion in 'Software' started by grandmakarla, May 7, 2007.

1. grandmakarla

grandmakarla Private E-2

Hello, I bought a new computer in March and it came with a trial version of Microsoft Office 2007. I did some work using it and am wondering if now I will lose it all? It says my time is up trying it out. I have my old Microsoft Office, which I think is 2003 version. How can I save my files I have done and saved on my computer if I uninstall the 2007? I do have a flash drive, will the files work with my old version if I want to work on them again? Sorry if this is a silly question. Karla aka grandmakarla:eek:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

and no not silly question at all, you'll need this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en it will give your office 2003 the compatability to open office 2007 docs in which you can then re-save them in Office 2003 format if you wish.

The new Office 2007 formats are very different to previous office formats, although you can if choosing Save As in Office 2007 save the docs in a format that can be opened by previous Office Editions, choose Save As > Word 97-2003 Document.

Or the compatability patch above works fine too.

3. grandmakarla

grandmakarla Private E-2

Thank you for your quick response to my questions. I do have another one if you don't mind? Can I download my older version with the 2007 still on my computer? When I open my documents that I did with the 2007 version and try to save them as something else, it won't let me. And all the tools in the 2007 version are now unusable because of the expiration of my use of it. So if I uninstall the 2007, all my files will go with it?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes you could install multiple versions of Office, however the route to doing that is that you first install the older office which would be office 2003 then office 2007 ( note: you cannot have 2 versions of Outlook installed tho )

Ah I see the trial has expired and no longer allows to to resave!

I would copy all your files needed to your flash drive as a backup, no uninstalling Office does not remove your documents as well, those are left alone, but as I mention back them up anyway, then uninstall Office 2007, then install Office 2003 and any office updates as these are critial to the pack installing ok, then install the Compatability pack which will allow you to open those files created in Office 2007,

I have used it many times as I have Office 2007 at home but work still have not fully tested it to deploy yet, so I have to use the compatability pack, or save in 2003 format.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds