can't remove adaware 2007 7.0.2.5

Discussion in 'Software' started by hornman2, Sep 17, 2008.

1. hornman2

hornman2 Private E-2

For some unknown reason my adaware 2007 will not allow me to uninstall it.
    I get a message that says:
    Need to locate installation package
    WISDED53B0BB67C4244AE6AD6FD3C28D1EF_7_0_2_5.MSI
    in a folder so that I can install adaware 2007.
    If it is already installed on my system why do I have to follow these instructions to uninstall it? I have no clue as to how to do this.
    Please help an old man that is just so so computer literate.

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

From their support forum. Cheers...

I am unable to uninstall my Ad-Aware SE. I receive a message saying, "Can’t find Install.log."

There are several alternatives you can use to uninstall Ad-Aware SE:

* Click "Uninstall Ad-Aware" in the Lavasoft folder of your Start menu.
    * If you are unable to do that, open your control panel, click "Add/remove programs," and locate Ad-Aware SE.
    * Another method to uninstall is to locate and double-click the file "unwise.exe" (the .exe may not be shown). You should be able to find this file in C:\program files\lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE [Personal/Plus/Professional]\.

If the above alternatives do not work, or you get a message saying, "Can’t find Install.log," you will need to manually uninstall the software. To do this:

* Click on "My Computer" and locate your Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE folder (C:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware).
    * Run the file "unregaaw.exe".
    * Delete the entire Ad-Aware SE folder.
    * Delete your Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE link in your Start menu (if present).
    * Delete the Ad-Aware SE icon (s) from your desktop (if present).
    * Navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name] \Application Data\Lavasoft" and delete the entire Lavasoft folder.
    * Empty your trash bin.
    * Reboot your computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds