Xbox and Receiver = audio but no video... Can I use a receiver for only Audio?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vlad the Impaler, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

Howdy

I have my XBOX hooked up to a receiver with surround sound speakers using SVIDEO cables for the video output. Unfortunately, I get no video through the receiver, only audio. I heard something about SVIDEO is the problem, but if the XBOX is hooked directly to my TV the SVIDEO works fine. My question is can I use the receiver and surround sound speakers for the audio only? I tried hooking it up but it didn't work.. thanks.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2004
  2. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

yes you can directly connect the svideo cable to your tv. svideo does not carry the audio signal.

that high definition breakout box he posted has component outputs, 3 cable red,green,blue, not the yellow single cable video output.

3. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

thanks.. i finally got it working.. I bought a new SVideo cable it fixed the problem.. somehoe the other one went bad.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds