Recovery disks

Discussion in 'Software' started by gal1998, Mar 12, 2005.

1. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

I bought this computer right before christmas. XP home

I tried to make the recovery disks, but it stalls on first disk. Not sure if it goes in a loop, or what. Have tried it a couple of times and just doesn't end first disk to go on.

Should I contact HP? Don't worry about the disks or what?

Gal

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Try another floppy disc.
    Try formatting the floppy disc.
    Try downloading the utlity again.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Contact HP. They should make reasonable effort to get you the disks if their utility to create them fails.

4. Paradox

Paradox Private E-2

If you contact HP remember to be very specific about the disks you need- i had the same problem with recovery disks on my old comp and they sent me the wrong ones 3 times!!!

5. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

I just emailed them. Gave them the serial number, model number and everything else they asked for.
    Hopefully get some results soon.
    Tthanks
    Gal

6. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Well,. I got an email back from them with 2 updates for software and hardware. Installed both, but didn't help.
    I have emailed them back with all my info and hopefully they send recovery disks to me.

Gal

7. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

? Recovery disks from HP are usually CDs.

Perhaps the CDs are scratched or dirty? If you use your CD drive a lot the lens may need cleaning as well.

8. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

The computer was new when I tried to download them. Sorry, you are right, it is CDs, not disks.

I have used the drive for other things.
    HP is sending me CDs. They were very prompt when I emailed them.
    Gal

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Good to hear. Did they charge you?

10. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Nope, no charge. Sent me email with order confirmation and says no charge.

See how long it takes to get here......

Gal

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Awesome. Normally they charge, they must have waived it due to their software fault.

12. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Received email today it is being sent by Fed Ex today. No charge and there is a warranty....WOW I am inpressed.
    Gal

13. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

OK I misread sorry.

Also, our Mesh ones were 3 floppy discs and a cd...

14. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Just an update.
    Got home from work today and there sat a box on my steps from Fed Ex. Contained my recovery Cds.

Gal

15. oldmangreene

oldmangreene Private E-2

Had a similar problem when I bought my Gateway..was unable to create recovery cd's..Never got past the 1 of 5..tried the CD's sent to create recovery..tried some I had on hand..then went and bought some new one's..called support..waited 30 seconds and got a tech..explained what was going on..he put me on hold about a minute..came back and told me recovery disked would be sent to me at no charge..received them within 3 working days fed-ex..

16. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Glad to hear you had good results also.
    Gal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds