Print Server issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stygiis, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

I am running a Windows Server 2003 print server at a campus. I have HP laser Jet 2300s and Dell Laser Jet M5200s networked and running on the print server. everything has worked fine for the last few months until now.

For some reason none of the Dell M5200 printers work across the network through the print server. The HP laser jets work just fine. I tried to go to the properties of the printer object on the server and I get an error message saying that the drivers are not installed:confused: . I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the printers with no luck. I tried uninstalling the printers to try it from scratch, and now it will not allow me to create a new printer. I get to the end of the setup process and it says it was unable to install the printer. I am lost here.

Any one got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds