Windows updates fail to install....

Discussion in 'Software' started by shonuff5, Jan 1, 2006.

1. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

Windows updates fail to install correctly. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

To fix this click tools then internet options click delete files and delete all offline files and click delete cookies reboot try installing again...

And what O.S are you using.....

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

...and what updates are they?

4. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

Ok, I tried what you said, and it still says "updates were unable to be successfully installed".

The updates were....

Microsoft windows installer 3.1
    Update for windows XP (KB898461)

And I am running windows xp.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

6. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

Ok that worked, but now i still can't update the other windows updates. It won't update the windows installer 3.1. Is there something wrong with my windows update page?

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

^^^ I asked for all of them.

8. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

The two i listed are the only one that were coming up when i het the express button to update my windows. All I want to do is update all windows, cause I haven't had my computer since july, so I know it needs updating. So i ran the update and choice express, then those are the 2 updates that it showed. But I would bet money there are more updates than those since july.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Due to an interesting PM I received recently, try this.

Disable Automatic Updates, then reboot.

Then re-enable it.

Worth a shot anyway.

10. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Also this wouldn't happen to be an ilegal copy of xp would it, because that might cause some issues, even through with an ilegal copy you still should be able to update via automatic updates, just not manualy,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds