Web pages won't stop loading!

Discussion in 'Software' started by urbanrich, Feb 3, 2013.

1. urbanrich

urbanrich Private E-2

Hi to all.
    Since yesterday, nearly every time I load a web page it either doesn't stop loading or sometimes doesn't even load at all. At first I thought that the problem was just with Chrome, but I've since tried Firefox and Explorer and get the same issue. I've tried scanning for viruses, malware and even ran Boostspeed to see if it will solve the problem, but nothing has worked.
    I don't know why this has happened all of a sudden, I've not made any significant changes or installed anything new so I'm stumped. I have the fastest fiber optic package my ISP has, so it isn't down to not having enough bandwidth.
    Is there anything that I can try to resolve this problem?
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I know a bit about computers but not a great deal, can I try resetting my router with the pinhole at the back, or will that cause me to lose settings and not be able to connect to the internet at all? (I know the routers password)

Sorry if this is a bit long winded. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode (with networking) yet to see if the problem exists there?

Which version of Windows are you using?

3. urbanrich

urbanrich Private E-2

Firstly, I apologize because I have realized that I have posted my question under the wrong topic. Thank you for the reply though.

I am running Windows XP SP3. I have just tried booting into Safe mode with networking and the problem still remains. One minute it loads a webpage fine, then it won't load the same page at all, or it loads a web page, the web page is fully loaded but the wheel just keeps on spinning.
    I've also noticed that it doesn't seem to be limited to just my laptop. The same thing is happening on my iPad and my iPhone. I've turned off the modem and router for a while and then back on again but still no joy.

4. MadMal

MadMal Corporal

Could it be that your ISP is having problems ? Isn't it SuperBowl or something (sorry not American) and could that be creating a lot of traffic ?
    Try searching the ISP name to see if others are complaining about slow speeds or, if convenient, phone them and ask if there is a problem. Remember they will not want to say that they are 'at fault' but you can 'read between the lines'

5. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

NVM posting

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  6. Goldenskull

OK sounds to me like your DNS cache is full.

Go to start/run/Type: cmd/Then in cmd type this-->> Ipconfig /flushdns <<---You can copy and past that in the cmd too.

Then use CCleaner-->>http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5125to clean out your internet files they can all so take up lots of space cleaning them out regularly is a must.Then after that defrag your HDDs.

7. urbanrich

urbanrich Private E-2

Okay, first of all thanks for the help.
    I have tried what you advised, I ran CCleaner and then defragged my HDD's but I still have the problem. Even as I write this I have a constantly spinning wheel at the top of this web page. What is frustrating is that there is no consistency to the problem, one minute a web page loads no problem, next minute the same page either doesn't load at all or just keeps on loading up.
    Thank you again, I'm going to have to hope that the problem kind of resolves itself, although I'm also hoping to win the lottery this week!

8. urbanrich

urbanrich Private E-2

Just like to say thank you again for the advice. I resolved the issue in the end by doing a hard reset on the router. I was a bit wary of doing this first in case it messed up my settings. All seems to be back to normal now (fingers crossed).
    The only noticeable difference is that my computer seems to be running faster now and I'm sure that's down to the advice given to me earlier.
    So thanks again for your help.

9. AtlBo

urbanrich...before it slows down again...

Could you post these please?
    1. type/model of PC
    2. processor type/model
    3. How much RAM?
    4. Hard drive manufacturer/size/free space
    5. PCs age

Pretty sure you can get this resolved fully....

10. AtlBo

urbanrich...glad you got it resolved. Nevermind what I said in the previous post. I read the post before your last one in an e-mail then got tied up and missed the next one...:-o

Especially if you have an older PC, try ProcessLasso (Gaming mode enabled, Options->General Settings->Recheck processes every->250 milliseconds), Gameboost (settings 3,5,8,9,10,14,15), JetBoost (no more than 2 processes turned off). I run all three using less than 2% of the processor and am getting huge gains in performance...

11. Goldenskull

12. AtlBo

Depends on which ones and the settings Goldenskull. You are completely correct, though if the wrong ones are used or if even one is used incorrectly.

ProcessLasso and GBoost don't shut down processes natively. Process Lasso doesn't shut down anything, while GBoost shuts down only program elements you specify. The thing about GBoost is it doesn't shut down anything you can't reopen if you want to since it's all programs. It does have some native optimization routines in it that are excellent on my machine though. GBoost is safe. Running it and Process Lasso together is innately safe. I've been doing it for months monitoring temperatures, etc. It's safe.

JetBoost is dangerous out of the box, but it has some good routines inside it too. How to tame it. Open task manager, open the JetBoost interface and uncheck everything but Task Manager. Start the optimizer, minimize it to the tray and test it. Try it...it works.

If it doesn't shut down anything important and if it's not using resources that cause your PC to overheat...it's safe. Using these three is safe for me.

I recommend just giving it a chance and try it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds