Windows not starting

Discussion in 'Software' started by tej46, Jul 12, 2008.

1. tej46

tej46 Private E-2

I am getting the error

windows xp could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
    \windows\system32\config\system

My problem is trying to get the recovery console to work. I have read many threads on this and cannot find an answer.

I have the computer to boot from the cd. After the computer boots from the disc I go to the recovery console. I do not get the box for the administrator password.
    I have printed out a copy of
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 Which i found in a thread to recover the files that are missing. I have followed all the steps in part one of the instructions. When I type in the recovery console command prompts I keep getting the messege "Access Denied" How do I get into it without the admin password box showing up or what do I need to do to get the administrator password box to show up?

Only specs i know on computer is 40GB HD 768mbs ram AMD Processor running Windows XP Home Edition SP2 and all updates are current.

any help with this is greatly appreciated.

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

So what do you get in the recovery console?

3. tej46

tej46 Private E-2

I get to where it says recovery console type help to exit. I get where it shows C but when i type commands in it says access denied

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds