UAA+realtek problems here as well

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dorsteinn, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Dorsteinn

Dorsteinn Private E-2

So I recently added a water cooling system to my PC, and upon returning the whole rig back to my case, I fire it up and my sound is not working. Not remembering previous problems with realtek I uninstalled the drivers and got the "install realtek HD device driver failure !!" message. So for the entire weekend basically I've been messing around with different install orders, restarting, etc etc. as you all have recommended to people with the same problem but it's not working. I noticed if you uninstall the UAA bus driver and restart windows will automatically put it right back in place after a restart. I've tried the 1.79 drivers, the 1.96 drivers.. This is really starting to tick me off. Any help?!

My system specs are:
    DFI Lanparty LT x38
    Q6600
    2gb corsair balistix
    evga 8800GTS

Windows XP pro sp2
    Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070719-1309

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Have you tried these steps?
    1) In Device Manager, remove the High Definition audio device (or the unknown device, if there is one) under Sound, Video & Game controllers.
    2) Go into Device Manager>System, right click the UAA Hi-Def Bus driver.
    Disable the device and then uninstall it. (Do not re-boot yet)
    3) Uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (you may just have a folder that says Realtek) through Add/Remove Programs (if it's installed but not working)
    KB888111
    In Add/Remove Programs, look for the KB888111 update and uninstall it. (It may have uninstalled in last step)
    If you install, remove, and then re-install this update, the update is no longer listed in Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    Therefore, you cannot remove this update from your computer.
    To work around this problem, follow these steps.
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP2\KB888111 (may be in SP3)
    3. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    4. Click Yes, and then exit Registry Editor.
    Run CCleaner, both the Cleaner and Registry.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...ish_d4191.html
    Reboot, but don't let Windows install any driver.

Install your driver, then reboot, again.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_Hi...P03_d4902.html
    I believe the UAA is contained in this download.

3. Dorsteinn

Dorsteinn Private E-2

How do I not let windows install drivers? It just pops up the balloons and starts doing shit on it's own. -_-

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

What is it trying to install?
    Isn't the Found New Hardware Wizard popping up?
    Go ahead and let it install and then tell me if you have Realtek showing in Device Manager Under Sounds, Video.......
    And look into the System Devices area for the MS UAA.

5. Dorsteinn

Dorsteinn Private E-2

It will automatically install the UAA bus drivers and then the realtek drivers after that before I even get through a full install of the realtek drivers before the UAA stuff. I think it might be a hardware issue because I've gotten it all installed 'properly', and in many different arrangements, yet the jack sense does not work, and it does not put out any sound. I'm thinking about just throwing $100 into a sound card at this point and bailing entirely on realtek and onboard sound devices.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

If Windows is installing the UAA and the Realtek drivers, then you have not uninstalled them or have audio drivers still residing in the Realtek folder.

7. Dorsteinn

Dorsteinn Private E-2

Well since I'm freshly reformated I'll give another version of windows a try, I deleted everything realtek and UAA related I could find and it still installed the UAA drivers before I could even start the realtek ones installing. Thanks for your help musksnipe

8. Dorsteinn

Dorsteinn Private E-2

Well I found out that the version of windows I have automatically installs the UAA drivers with the OS because they were there right when my PC started back up after reformatting. I went to vista and the only thing it would detect was the composite out jack, not any of the 3.5mm jacks, so it's safe to say (at least as far as I'm concerned) that investing in a sound card is the way to go, or keep using my USB headset for everything. Thanks again Musksnipe.

9. J.Francis

J.Francis Private E-2

MuskSnipe - you are a God among men. I have a customer's HP Vista dv6926nr notebook which required a nLite ISO with the HEM/HBM/AHCI controller/driver to install XP (limited BIOS - no SATA switch) .. Had already dwnld all XP drivers from HP (not many) and then got completely stuck when an HP tech told me to install AUU before the (incorrect) audio driver. Your fix worked like a charm! It's gurus like you that I want to emulate! Thanks man.

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

First, you must learn to take the pebble from my hand, grasshopper. LOL
    Thanks J.F., it's posts like yours that keep me doing this. :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds