50,000th post

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbazza, Dec 18, 2004.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Who will have the honour of the 50,000th post to MG forums. Should happen soon. How about Tim and Jim providing a potted review of the MG site, to date. How it's grown over the years, etc. Bazza

2. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

Kodo, Twinny, Goldfish and G.T. have more than 50,000 between them.
    Or am I missing something?

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

how can one tell who does the 50,000th post?

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

The stats on the main forum page list the current post total as 172,874. Sort the members list by posts and the first page alone exceeds 50,000 by quite a bit.

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

so we're currently on about 23,000 threads and waiting for the 50,000th???

6. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Well if anyone will get the 50k then it will be kodo for sure. unless something strange happens, and some of the members part with mg.

7. bigbazza

At the time of posting this thread, originally, I was confused. I meant thread number 50,000 (not post). My thread was number 49920 when I entered it as a new thread. Will check out thread number 50,000 to see who it was, just out of curiousity. Sorry for the stuffup. Bazza

8. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Re: 50,000th THREAD [was post]

Could be interesting Bazza.
    :p

9. bigbazza

Re: 50,000th THREAD [was post]

BooMM, we are terribly close to thread number 50,000, right now. Bazza

===

10. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

argh someone tell me where it says this??!!!!

11. bigbazza

When you run your mouse pointer over any post, or thread, on any forum front page, the thread number appears at the bottom of the screen. When you access any post, or thread, to answer it, the number appears at the top of the screen where URL's appear. Bazza

===

12. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

aha so we're on about 49921

13. bigbazza

14. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

So does this mean someone, maybe several someones, are actually refreshing the New Posts page right now, trying to start thread #50,000?

15. bigbazza

Yep, and right on according to Murphy's law, my PC crashed at a critical moment.

50000th post if you are interested. http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50000

Bazza

===

16. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

"Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

Apparently, no one gets the "honor", which that-- as they say-- and, what, now, $1.95? will get you a cup of coffee. Pesky Mods, spoiling all your fun.

17. bigbazza

It was a valid link when I mentioned it. It pointed towards another forum. As you say, it is now "Invalid Thread specified". No connection with me. Bazza

===

18. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Wait where are you seeing this? On the main page? It says like 170,000 posts??? :confused:

19. bigbazza

NN, anywhere you see my reference to posts, please substitute thread. MY stupidity. Bazza

===

20. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Wait it only says we have 23,982, threads? I'm so confused lol.

21. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

And who knew it could be so confusing?

50,000th thread, not 50,000 threads.

22. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

23. bigbazza

Read #17. It was deleted by the moderators as it pointed to another forum competition. Baz

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds