Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted

Discussion in 'Software' started by BlinD-PoeT, Mar 20, 2005.

1. BlinD-PoeT

BlinD-PoeT Private E-2

Ok I have done quite alot of searching on here and I have found out quite a few things I have exhausted every friggin resource imagineable. The only thing I have yet to try is the registry edit. Now I pretty much have that down I just have one simple question. When deleting the upper and lower filters...

While in the registry I have found the upper filters on the right hand side. The only problem there is - No lower filters.

Could this be a problem?

Also , do the upper/lower filters need to be removed from the Control set 001 and Control set 002 . Please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks.

2. BlinD-PoeT

BlinD-PoeT Private E-2

Anyone have even the slightest clue please let me know.

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

From memory deleting upper and lower filters is for when you are having CD drive problems and/or the drive is not being detected or displayed correctly?

What was your original problem?

4. BlinD-PoeT

BlinD-PoeT Private E-2

Original problem? The cr/dvd rom was working fine one day and it just for no apprent reason quit. It isnt even registering on the comp. When you put a CD in it doesn't even run. I've searched around and the only solution I have seen that I haven't tried yet is the registry solution. Just trying to find out if removing the upper filters without it showing lower filters is actually going to help anything at all or would it hur tthe problem even more.

5. BlinD-PoeT

BlinD-PoeT Private E-2

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
    That is the exact error message... The usual " generic " fixes for it are apprently bland and useless as usual. I'm trying to save 50 bucks from the shop people! LoL ANYONE with the slightest of clues?

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

The error code means that a driver is not present, a binary file is corrupt, a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded. This is more than likely Registry.

I'm assuming you are using XP?

Using the Registry hack that you found should fix the problem, but I would try something else first.

In Device Manager, locate your drive (if it's not listed post back) and uninstall it and reboot, then let Windows detect and reinstall it.

If that fails to fix the problem, create a restore point if available, back up the Registry and remove both upper and lower filters. If you can only find one, that is fine as long as one is not left.

Be aware that doing this may render some burning applications unusable, so you may have to reinstall them.

7. BABAAIFY

BABAAIFY Private E-2

Re: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrup

Need Help For Hitachi Gd7500 Driver For Xp

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds