My Cats

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by goldfish, Nov 30, 2006.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

[​IMG]
    Awww, cuties!

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Two Siamese? Boy, that's like having two pre-teens that need to be on Ritalin ...:) :)

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Purrrr-fect!

;)

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Actually they're tonkineese. Cross between siamese and burmese.

I agree that they're quite demanding, lol. They always want something, usually to go out or something. They like to watch TV, too, but they can get scared of Dr Who. And yes, they hide behind the sofa too.

Bernie (the brown one) is the most demanding. Finden is less demanding, but can be quite destructive (he likes to eat cuddley toys occasionally).

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

COOL CATS Goldfish:) while we're sharing

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Rikky_/Picture001.jpg
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Rikky_/Picture009.jpg
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Rikky_/Picture010.jpg
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Rikky_/Picture012.jpg
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Rikky_/Picture013.jpg

Heres my mums cats we'd found homes for them all way before they could leave, people take kittens away way too early these only left after 12 weeks they were all fine and have settled in well in thier new homes we get reports often,the two in the basket are the ones we kept along with the mother sooky "pronounced sue-key,I know its sucky,dont blame me:D" on the left jake who unfortunately passed away he spent a night at the vet got an xray all clear and £100 bill and a week or so later he died:(Spot is fine hes great,his mum doesnt like him now though shes hisses at him to ascert her dominance its a shame because he just wants to sleep next to her,once hes fully grown he'll kick her *** and it'll switch around so I'v read:)

This ones precious as my mum called her,because she's precious.lol,her new owner kept the name, she was the pick of the litter perfect with mild tiger striping down her back the first that was chosen, my mum cried when she left:)

[​IMG]

Took these about a year ago dates are messed up because my crappy kodak dc210 needs the date resetting every time the battery dies and I cant be bothered,shame, the first photos I took a few days after the birth it think,notice the blood:eek: ;)

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

This is my 12 year old male Tabby/Siamese mix. He was brought home by my wife at about 7 weeks old. He was abandoned by his mother and adopted her. I am basically his chair, backscratcher, and food giver. (Hmmmm, sounds just like my wife's opinion of me.) Of course, like most felines he has an attitude.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2006
  7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:D Kinda bored, so I thought I would add one more pic. This is Jerry where he normally is when I am online. I wasn't kidding about being his chair. Yes that IS a U of M mouse pad. We only lost by a few points in the big game with Ohio.:mad:

Attached Files:

8. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

You guys are making me wish I had a decent camera to take some shots of my cats.

I have 3 indoor and ~10 outdoor cats right now. The 3 indoor furry little bundles of stupidity constantly vex me, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

9. Natakel

Natakel Guest

This is Tig - my wife's cat when we got married - perched in one of her favorite spots atop my desk chair in the study. She is around 10 years old (I was just friends with my future wife when she got her as a kitten in 1996, so I've known the cat all that time). She is one of four cats that we have - but she's got senority, and she lets the others know that frequently.

Attached Files:

10. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Ok . . . you got me started. Here is a pic of the cat I brought into the marriage. She was brought to my sons and I by their mother (my x-wife) one day in 1999. The kids named her "BC" (stands for Black Cat). She was a teenager when we got her. She got outside one day not too long after we got her and was gone for over a week - when she came back she had some pretty serious injuries (I think she got hit by a car). The vet patched her up, but her right ear still bears evidence of the injury. It is crumpled, but doesn't seem to affect her hearing. She is laying in her favorite spot - right behind my desk chair where I have to use caution not to roll over her :rolleyes: She is the consumate people-cat; she likes everybody.

Attached Files:

11. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

The only good cat is a cat in a wok ;)

12. Natakel

Natakel Guest

I promise this is the last cat-post . . . :)

The grey cat is Sissy, the other cat my wife had when we got married. I think she is part Maine coon, but she is smaller then normal. I'm her favorite.

The yellow cat is the new kitten we got several months ago from one of my wife's co-workers (shes not so small anymore - that's the problem with kittens . . . lol). She is buddied up with Tig. Smart cat - she knew who to hitch her wagon to!

Attached Files:

13. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

You know what Adrynalyne use to do with cats! ;)

14. Natakel

Natakel Guest

lol, Kodo . . . I often feel that way myself . . . :)

15. chemo

chemo Private E-2

Its getting very catty around here.

16. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Man, not true! You haven't lived until you've had them curried :p

17. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Natakal,,,that cat of your's, Sissy, looks a heck of alot like mine. Nope, can't be. He just walked in and let me know that his food bowl is half empty. He is not happy.
    FOOD BOWL MUST BE FULL!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
    Now I know why there are no strays around my favorite Chinese resteraunt. Cat, the other other white meat.:p

18. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Would you like a spare, musksnipe? lol.

In addition to the food bowl - our cats demand fresh water, and a prestine litterbox . . . sheesh. :rolleyes:

I no longer remember why we ever wanted a cat in the first place . . . let alone more than one!! :)

19. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:) Thanks, but no thanks Nakatel.... Jerry is already got me scheduled 24/7. Somewhere along the way, I went from owner to butler. He has one good trait, though. Won't drink from his water bowl, so I don't have to fill his. He shows our dog who's boss by drinking from her dish.:p

20. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

I had a cat very similar to Sissy the grey one, His name was scruffy. He was absolutely huge. I tought him to ring a bell when he wanted outside.
    I cought him a few times chasing racoons out of the yard too. Funny thing was is he would run on his two back legs swatting and litterally screaming. he would do this right into the forest off my back yard and of course come back triumphant wanting his milk bone treat...yes milk bone BIG CAT!:)
    I miss that cat! S o does Cujo(one of my dogs)

21. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Natakel, just wanted to show I can get your screen name right. Only took three posts and a click and paste to do it,:rolleyes: sorry.

22. Jazagod

But can you pronounce it?:d
    Jaza;)

23. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

sure I can.......There was that right?

24. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

I live in the country so my cats (2) have house priveligesand food/water inside/outside but use the facilities outside-no litterbox in my house (thank god) and do a excellent job of mouse control in the barns--so they even earn ther cat food--when it is cold they make the move to the old mud room out back for warmth and sleeping. All in all a a good deal for both of us.

25. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yo Peeps... hello girlie :)

26. Jazagod

Halo gets all the cuties!!:mad:

27. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Lol . . . I just noticed. You are forgiven . . . :)

28. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

My lost companion...Puss Puss!
    Paid a small fortune to fly him interstate with me, he stays for 2 months, then decides to up and leave me!
    Haven't seen him for a couple months now...maybe i shouldn't have bought him cheap generic brand cat food!
    They are wonderful pets, but they don't come close to dogs in the loyalty stakes!....Maybe he wondered to close to kodo's kitchen?:mad: :mad:

[​IMG]

29. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

that's a bummer, nitecrawler..sorry to hear that....It's funny how something you think is a pain in the rearend turns into a member of the family and you miss them when their not there being that pain

30. theefool

theefool Geekified

I love my cats. But, do they always must bother ye, when ye are trying to type on the computer keyboard?!?

31. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

OOOOOOh, Yeah...that is a givin!! You could call out and look for mine all day, and not find her, but a few seconds of clacking on the keyboard...she is right there howling at me!!

Haven't yet figured out if she likes it or hated it!! Not that it would stop me if I found out she hated it!!

Roger

32. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

And I thought I was special...I guess it is a cat conspiracy to learn how to type and then take over the world! That is why I type with two fingers, the less they know , the longer we have. Just thought of something cats don't have fingers so they would probably type with two paws! I have fallen for their evil plan. :eek: We are doomed!!!!!

33. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

If I'd post a pic of my doggie would that be spam?

34. Jazagod

try a squirrel..:eek:

Attached Files:

35. goose

goose Private E-2

Here's Charlie Parker

Attached Files:

36. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

U can never have enough cats, mine attached too, she's 18yrs I hope I look that good when I'm 130ish.

@kodo, the ringing in ur ears is from my wok, just crowned ya with it. Smiles.

Peg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  37. duzytata2

duzytata2 Private E-2

Yoshi (The Good One)

[​IMG]

KayKay (The Devil)

[​IMG]

38. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

It looks like a black squirrel, I have only seen them in Evanston, IL, use to feed one at grammas, until I let it in the kitchen by accident, gram was not amused. lol We only have lots of gray ones where I live :( and not as friendly as the black one for some reason. Cute squirrel u got there!

39. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Yeh, your right musksnipe.....i do miss him dearly!

Put ads in the local offering a reward, drove the streets for a few days, asked everyone who was willing to listen....no dice!

life is cruel sometimes, but it must go on!

40. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

I used to have a problem with cat dancing. This was on a 64 character screen, the cat would stand on the keyboard, which would make the cursor move, which the cat would chase (of course), which would type some more on the keyboard, which kept the whole vicious cycle going. I'd come home and find the computer screen filled with gibberish.

This was the same cat that liked sugar molassis cookies, and figured how to get them. We'd find neat little piles of crumbs on the carpet where he'd take his loot to finish it off, before getting another one.

41. goose

goose Private E-2

It worse when they hog your computer

Attached Files:

42. Jazagod

@ goose
    Great shot, did he win?
    Jaza;)

43. goose

goose Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds