It says my windows is not genuine

Discussion in 'Software' started by Miramo, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Miramo

Miramo Private E-2

I have been using Windows XP for about a year or so. I installed it using Dell OEM that I paid for, it's UK version. Soon after installation, a genuine check was made and it did pass. I got frequent updates including an update to SP3. Recently genuine checks started to say otherwise.

I ran MDADiag and it gave me "Validation Status: Geographically blocked PID". I live in England, UK.

This is the result from Microsoft website:
    It looks like my product key has been stolen by some program or there is a misunderstanding somewhere in the validation process.

I don't remember where I kept the CD but I have not shared it with anyone. My computer is still working smoothly, only sometimes it fails to shutdown. After the incident, I installed and ran AVG and Registry Mechanic to clean my computer but that didn't help the genuine problem. Is there anything else I can do to clear it up? I am very unwilling to buy another copy or pay £95.86 seeing the problem will likely occurs again.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Start here http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/
    I click Contact. Numbers are given for the US. I assume since you are viewing from the UK, the contents will change.
    If you do not see a toll-free phone number, email and tell them what you have posted here.

The validation is not 100% foolproof. Find your CD and sales receipt so you can supply the information.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds