Issues submitting WU's

Discussion in 'Software' started by Burrell, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

I have been away from folding for a while but now im back up and running i've been back at work battling cancer.

(It has been working since my new build)

Recently it has been failing to send the work after its done, this is the CPU version, the GPU one works fine.

Any ideas.

Burrell

Attached Files:

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I have been having some problems sending results as well but i think it's at Stanfords end.
    My PC is chugging through the WUs but i am not getting the points.
    This has happened before and we all got a great splurge of points when the Stanford server got it's act together.

3. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Ah, that made me feel better! Thankyou!

Burrell

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Thats what i got last week in the data was taking ages to send, resolved after a few days, was pointwd out to me that Stanford are updating servers.

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

From the horses mouth but it has mainly been a GPU issue since this past Saturday and seemed to be working fine yesterday AM EST. Here's Vijay Pande's post on the issue. Seems like some folks might be screwed.:(

6. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

UPDATE:

It did eventually send, took a good hour and a half!!

Burrell

7. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

I'm still having issues!

I thought the WU had sent, but it appears not, now the ccpu folding client has gone crazy.

Everytime i get to about 5% it does something then starts all over again, has done this several times.

Maybe you guys can tell whats happening from the log?

Burrell

Attached Files:

8. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Re: I'm still having issues!

Hi burrell,

From the looks of the file, the program is trying to send the completed unit on a regular interval which is normal.
    You are suspending the program quite a bit and checking your stats from the link in the folder also, correct? I use the EOC stats page rather than the link directly to the Stanford stats.
    Other than that, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

9. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Re: I'm still having issues!

Yes, i game regularly, so it pause it when gaming, and yeh i was checking my stats to see if my WU had sent.

Burrell

10. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

The bit i don't understand is why it keeps starting over again! its getting rather annoying.

Burrell

11. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

My mistake for not reading the log closer burrell.
    The units are starting over because the check sums don't match when you either pause or restart your machine. The check sums are part of the shut down process for folding to make sure the work is picked up at restart and continued correctly.
    With the check sums not matching, the WU is started over from the beginning again.

12. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Aah, I only looked at the last WU and not some of the previous ones. I would not pause but stop the client properly and then game.

13. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Sprry for being a pain in the ****. but i'm new to this folding stuff.

So how do i fix this or prevent it form happening?

Burrell

14. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

If what augie said doesn't work to correct the problem, delete the core78.exe from the folding folder and let it download a new copy and see if that does it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds