Please Help. How to burn a Flac. as a normal CD. ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Storkraft, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Storkraft

Storkraft Private First Class

sorry but im in a hurry.

and i have been trying and trying to be able to use flac.
    and i dont get it...

i can play it wiht VLC. and so on. but

How to convert it into normal ??

i need to burn it on a CD. so it can play forom a old CD player.

Please help if you can.

i have burned it on a CD as FLAC and i can play it on my bluray player. wich is what i use for all. but its still flac.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Storkraft

4. Hedon James

Hedon James Sergeant

FLAC is a "free loss-less audio codec" which provides supremely pristine audio quality. It sounds like you've already successfully burned it as a "normal cd", as evidence by playing it on your bluray device.

FWIW, Plodr hit it on the head. Your cd-burning technique/software isn't the issue; the FLAC codec is your issue. Support for FLAC codecs is limited, and usually to "high end" devices. You need to convert your FLAC files to something else; mp3 and wav are usually sufficient. If your old cd player won't recognize mp3 files, I think you're stuck with wav format.

If you can't locate a suitable converter, perhaps you can re-rip your files from the FLAC cd, converting them to mp3 or wav files in the process. THEN, burn a cd with mp3/wav files.

5. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

6. plodr

7. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

8. Hedon James

Hedon James Sergeant

Normally I would agree with you, but the hardware the OP is trying to play music on is not recognizing FLAC or MP3 files. While FLAC music files are probably the gold standard for digital sound quality, it appears he will need to convert them to play on his old hardware (but retain the original FLAC files!!!).

How does the burnaware software allow a FLAC file to be burned in a format his old hardware will recognize and play? Does burnware burn the FLAC file as a high quality WAV cd?

9. plodr

Just checked and the program I mentioned allows inputs of: AAC, AC3, AMR, APE, FLAC, MMF, M4A, MP2, MP3, MPC, MPP, OGG, RA, RAM, RM, TTA, WV, WAV, and WMA

and converts to: AAC, AC3, AMR, APE, FLAC, MMF, MP2, MP3, MPC, OGG, TTA, WV, WAV, and WMA

10. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

If OP wants to play in an old CD player the files need to be CDA files which is how CDs originally come from the manufacturer. dBpower AMP will do this for you ;)
    Download from MG :major
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/dbpoweramp_music_converter.html
    It is shareware so buy if you like it.
    If you have a cue file listing wav files instead of flac files then you may need to do it in two steps. From flac to wav then wav to cda. A cue file has all the track timing information so if you use a cue file you can make a copy CD to be the same as the original CD.
    Information about cue files from Wikipedia in case you want to learn about them :major
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_sheet_(computing)
    You can check this link for all lossless and lossy file formats
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_file_format
    But summarizing
    If you don't want to lose any music quality do not convert to mp3 as this is a lossy format and once the information is removed from the files to reduce file size (prior to compression) then it is gone for good.
    If you have a newer CD or DVD player then almost any format file can be played.

11. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

BurnAware makes conventional audio CDs that play in a standard audio CD player without the crapload of conversions everyone else suggests. Select "Burn Audio CD" and drag and drop the FLAC files into the window and the end result is exactly what the OP wants. No loss in quality and in one easy process.

12. joffa

BurnAware sounds good have you used it much and have you had any problems?
    I've been looking for something this simple and will give it a go when I get back home after my Easter holiday. Thanks for the tip :cool

13. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

[​IMG]

14. joffa

roflmao Hehehehe good meme roflmao

15. Storkraft

Well thanks for the help all.
    emergency is over....

i had to give the CD today, and i tryed several programs and one was successful. not realy sure whitch one... hehe..

but nice to have it fixed. and she was wery happy.

so thank you all. i did try alot this last week. but there was no help to be found enywhere.

Maybe its just not a problem for eny one else. hehe

so thank you all. i will continue to look into the programs surgested.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds