Computer keeps crashing during games

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chet235, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Chet235

Chet235 Private E-2

I'm running Windows Xp Home, I have 512 megs of RAM, ATHLon Xp 2500, Asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard, and a geforce FX 5900 graphic card (128 MB version).

Lately, my computer has been crashing during video games. I don't recall it crashing while not in a game. First the monitor says that the connection is lost, then a second later the computer turns off. I've tried updating video card drivers to latest version and still no luck.

Also, I'm running ZoneAlarm / Mcaffee virus scan, and I have no viruses.

In Event Viewer, I have these 3 messages that are dated about hte itme the computer crashed. HOwever, these have just started appearing, they weren't there when the computer was crashing a few days ago.

Most recent to least recent, all date within 1 second of each other

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\MAIN.ldb" was corrupt and has been copied to "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB12.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\MAIN.ldb" was corrupt and has been deleted.

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt, restoring from backup "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\BACKUP.RDB".

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt and has been copied to "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB11.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt and has been deleted.

2. Chet235

Chet235 Private E-2

I'm running Windows Xp Home, I have 512 megs of RAM, ATHLon Xp 2500, Asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard, and a geforce

FX 5900 graphic card (128 MB version).

Lately, my computer has been crashing during video games. I don't recall it crashing while not in a game. First

the monitor says that the connection is lost, then a second later the computer turns off. I've tried updating

video card drivers to latest version and still no luck.

Also, I'm running ZoneAlarm / Mcaffee virus scan, and I have no viruses.

In Event Viewer, I have these 3 messages that are dated about hte itme the computer crashed. HOwever, these have

just started appearing, they weren't there when the computer was crashing a few days ago.

Most recent to least recent, all date within 1 second of each other

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\MAIN.ldb" was corrupt and has been copied to

"C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB12.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\MAIN.ldb" was corrupt and has been deleted.

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt, restoring from backup

"C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\BACKUP.RDB".

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt and has been copied to

"C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB11.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt and has been deleted.

3. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

Zone Alarm can cause some problems during game play. Try turning it off the next time you play, and see if the problem re-occurs. If it doesn't, maybe a different firewall would be the answer.

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Have you checked for excessive heat? Usually windows XP doesn't actually crash in full unless it's a HW problem and usually if everything works fine except in gaming there is a good chance that something is overheating.

For now I just suggest you run something like MotherBoardMonitor (Which i happen to know works just fine with the A7N8X Delux board) and watch your heat when in game. The default settings with the A7n8x delux board is to shutdown the computer at a certain temperature to avoid damaging the chip.

5. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Those are ZoneAlarm errors. I've gotten them before, seems to be a problem that corrects itself. I doubt they're associated with the crashing.

6. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Chet, do you know that you have two (2) identical posts? If you are not getting a response from a post and you want to ask again, all you have to do is bump the original one and it will come back up to the top. Okay? This is just an FYI. Have a great day.. :)

7. Chet235

Chet235 Private E-2

Alright, I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and am still getting crashes, however they aren't related to Vector. There is no log in the system entry. I *THINK* they might occur outside of games too, but not positive

These crashes took place even BEFORE I installed Zonealarm (they were the reason for me getting it in the first place). I tried updating vid card drivers and they haven't helped - any ideas? This started happnening just all of a sudden, no idea why. Think they happened a couple days after I installed a HP 1210 V printer ( I just downloaded patch / drivers for it and am still getting crashes, and I doubt it's the printer that's doing it.)

As I said before, the only clue I have is that the monitor stops getting signol then a second later it just powers off completely.

Anyone have any ideas? Was fine a couple weeks ago - Also, I've noticed that it goes on "crashing sprees". For instance, sometimes it can run fine for literally HOURS without crashing, then after I restart it it crashes a couple times in 10 minutes during a video game. As I said , I think this might happen outside of games too, but not positive

8. Chet235

Chet235 Private E-2

:Alright, I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and am still getting crashes, however they aren't related to Vector. There is no log in the system entry. I *THINK* they might occur outside of games too, but not positive

These crashes took place even BEFORE I installed Zonealarm (they were the reason for me getting it in the first place). I tried updating vid card drivers and they haven't helped - any ideas? This started happnening just all of a sudden, no idea why. Think they happened a couple days after I installed a HP 1210 V printer ( I just downloaded patch / drivers for it and am still getting crashes, and I doubt it's the printer that's doing it.)

As I said before, the only clue I have is that the monitor stops getting signol then a second later it just powers off completely.

Anyone have any ideas? Was fine a couple weeks ago - Also, I've noticed that it goes on "crashing sprees". For instance, sometimes it can run fine for literally HOURS without crashing, then after I restart it it crashes a couple times in 10 minutes during a video game. As I said , I think this might happen outside of games too, but not positive

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds