help in java

Discussion in 'Software' started by JCDenton_4, Jun 16, 2006.

1. JCDenton_4

JCDenton_4 Private E-2

i will start with some background:
    i play an online game called Kings of Chaos and in this game players have a unique link like this one (click here).
    now, each click on this link results in 1 soldier for a player. people have made programs referred to as "clickers" in the community. these clickers are used to click 1000s of others links, and for each one you click you get a soldier back.

although at first seemingly foolproof, programmers that play the game have figured out how to hack this.

here is my problem. i use a program called the LaCN recruiter Downloadable Here (click). (if you want to test it, log in with username Unholy_Master password 7734206.

My question/problem:
    1. How are players creating editing/hacking this program to submit clicks without actually clicking links?
    2. Is there any way to prevent this?
    3. how would i be able to show proof that these faking programs are possible?

any help would be VERY much appreciated by myself and many others.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

see, the link has a referring querystring.. that is to say that the unique ID at the end of URL is used to track something.. I can easily create a program that reads ALL of the links on ANY page and acquires on only those links that have "uniqid" in them. Then I simply spawn a browser instance and have it point to that url that I just grabbed. And there is your program in a nutshell.

There's plenty of ways to do this, I don't necessarily have to spawn a browser instance... but hey..whatever..there's more than one way to skin a cat.

3. JCDenton_4

JCDenton_4 Private E-2

i wasnt clear- what people are doing to cheat this is they arent clicking the unique links, they are having the program report them as clicked without actually clicking them by editing files. i want to know how they do that and how i could stop it.

4. JCDenton_4

JCDenton_4 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds