slow laptop.

Discussion in 'Software' started by reznor, Jul 31, 2006.

1. reznor

reznor Private E-2

my friend has a Dell Insprion Laptop thats running annoyling slow, it takes a good few seconds for it to really respond to anything at all. there is only one anti-virus so thats not it. its running XP.

any ideas would be much appricated.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. reznor

reznor Private E-2

thanks for the advice. i'll try it out.

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Let us know the specs of the laptop. What model, how much RAM. Is it running XP Home or Pro? What is the capacity of the hard drive? How much free space, etc.?

Try EVEREST on majorgeeks.

Everest Home Edition. www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When you run EVEREST, Click on "Computer" icon, then on "Summary", then on "Report" (at top menu), then on "Quick Report Summary", down to "Plain text". Save it to a file, as whatever name you like, (maybe PCddmmyy--with ddmmyy being the current date). Then it can be posted for all to see.
    PS: Scroll down the report and delete all the stuff starting with Offset, to reduce the size of the report.

This will help you both find what is installed on the laptop.

Also check out the must have free downloads on MG
    Must have Free Downloads from major Geeks.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?id=

A great resource, as it lists most of the “must have” programs that no PC owner should be without. All listed are free, and available from MG.

Let us know the specs and we can move on from there. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds