Cd wont play

Discussion in 'Software' started by jarvis2007, Jul 28, 2008.

1. jarvis2007

jarvis2007 Private E-2

I have a photo cd, that use to open just fine on a older computer that I had. I now have a Dell Inspiron-531s w/ vista. The cd will not open on this computer or any newer computers. The computer has a cd/dvd combo drive. It plays both in just 1 drive. When I put the cd in nothing happens. If I go to "my computer" the drive is listed but will not open. When I click to explore the drive it tells me to insert a disk. On an XP computer in "my computer" it will not open either but will tell me the disk has photos, music, ect. But still wont open. I dont know what type of cd it is or how its formatted. Its a cd that contains photo's and music. It was a pulication by my old school as a yearbook on cd. Its may have orginaly formated to be a slide show. I use to open in with Vueprint pro but since I cant get my computer to even see it in the drive that not a posiblity. I even tryed the RUN comand and it still told me to insert a disk. If anyone has a posible fix or more information I'd love to know.

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

If the files were burned on an RW disc, the session needs to be closed.

In other words...when you burn files on an RW disc...you tell it to leave the disc/session open in order to maybe add files to it at a later time...or close it and you can't add files to it. Kind of the same concept as breaking the tab out of a cassette tape when you don't want it accidentally recorded over.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If the photo cd was used with a program like Kodak Image Viewer to look at the pictures, this software might need to be installed on the other computers to see the pictures.

Put the cd in a computer that you can not view the photos. Click My Computer, select the CD/DVD drive with the CD in and right click and select explore. You might see a file folder with the pictures in there. What three letter extension is on the pictures? Once we know that, we can tell what program you need to look at the pictures.

4. jarvis2007

jarvis2007 Private E-2

I found out that the disc is a CD-R and it contains RAW files. If that helps. I cant get my computer to see it at all, so going into explore is what type files it is I cant. I found out it was RAW by putting it in someone else's computer and in Properties it said system file: RAW. But it still wont show the images.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds