Can not totally remove driver.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jequila, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Jequila

Jequila Private E-2

Long story short, I needed to remove and install the new version of my tablet driver. After uninstalling, I restarted the computer and went to install. It came up saying that I needed to remove previous versions of the driver before I could install this new one... But there are no signs on it in program files or add/remove programs anymore. After googleing it seemed a good idea to install the old one again so I could completely remove it, but it's so old that the website doesn't have that version anymore (it's 6 years old, so I don't blame them).

I've used CCCleaner to clean up the registry for any left over files, but it apparently still hasn't got them all because it's still not working. Getting dangerously close to just searching for 'wacom' and deleting everything that shows up...

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

If you told us what version of Windows you're using and the exact make and model of the device in question, we can try to help. Until then, there's not a lot we can do for you.

3. Jequila

Jequila Private E-2

It's a wacom graphire 3 and I use windows XP :) Thanks for any help~

4. Jequila

Jequila Private E-2

Ok, I ended up calling in a pro. He totally cleared the registry of anything wacom but he still wasn't able to get rid of this thing... Even if you find the driver .sys file and shift delete it, if you close the window and then go back it's there again! He says this means something is using it, but we can't find anything that would be.

Any ideas? :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds