ZoneAlarm Expert Firewall Rules?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tomas, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Tomas

Tomas Private E-2

Hi everyone, I hope I can get some help here with this question, as I'm new to ZoneAlarm and have yet to understand how to create expert rules, and ZoneLabs User Forums haven't helped much. My question is this. I have ZoneAlarm 4.5, and wish to know how to create a expert rule, to say block port 3100 for example. ZoneAlarm is suppose to allow the creation of expert firewall rules to block/open ports, but how is this done? Any help on this would be great, thank you.

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

I have ZA Pro but I have not played with any settings in this area. However it looks like you select:

Firewall->Expert

and then in the Protocol box you select Modify and then Add. This is where you can define the Protocol and the source and destination ports. Hope this leads you in the right direction. As I said I really have not done anything with these settings myself.

3. highly_volatile

highly_volatile Private First Class

I to have Zonealarm pro. and like chaslang i haven't played with these setting. Have you used the help option that comes with ZA ?

4. Tomas

Tomas Private E-2

Yup, I have checked through that, but don't understand how to add a port you wish to block, I've tried writing one, but it doesn't seem to work, as my test port is still open, though I stated to block any attempts to it. I'll figure this out eventually, lol..

5. dsbnh

dsbnh Private E-2

Very useful to know for me as well, thank you. Just give Generic Host Processes Xs to server rights or internet rights as well?

6. dsbnh

dsbnh Private E-2

Sounds great, I will just have to enable at least access to the internet for it when I use windows update (since it doesn't seem to work without it). That's all.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds