Another New Guy

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Blainebarrett, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Blainebarrett

Blainebarrett Private E-2

And a good day to you all. You have no idea how happy I am to have found this site. I’ve used it many times for advice and guidance and it’s been a great help, but I never bothered to look at the forum section because after a quick scan it seemed too technical and irrelevant to what I was doing at the time. I now know better.

While I need some technical advice for minor problems my main reason for coming to the forums is to try to get more general advice on how to find a way to create an efficient system for movie downloading. I am an old, buggered up Canadian working as a Security Guard. I recently bought a new laptop with the intention of having something to do during long boring shifts and quite logically asked “Why am I paying for movies when I can download them for free?

This has led me into the wonderful world of torrents, torrent clients, download accelerators, codecs, and a whole new language.

I think the nuts and bolts of the matter is that I need direction as to where I can go to find out how to comprehend all this new junk.

Anybody with pointers will have my personal blessing and eternal gratitude

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG.s. for me i wouldn't take the risk with sites such as limewire where you can download movie and such, to many nasties hiding in the files you download:eek: try starting off asking your ? in the software forum http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21 you might get the best advice in there. good luck...

3. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Hi and welcome Blaine :wave

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds