hi

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by v420, Sep 18, 2009.

1. v420

v420 Private E-2

test

2. v420

v420 Private E-2

ok, so why do i get this message:
    "v420, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    "

when trying to replay to post:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1386723

grrr.... i checked for an activation link in the email i received, it just told me to post to the welcome center and introduce myself....

this is gunna be a great start.... i need help on how to get help... wow

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    Were you trying to respond to a question before registering?
    Were you trying to respond in the Malware forum?
    Both of those get that response.
    Hang in there. You're in good hands here.

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi v420, and welcome :wave You cannot respond to a malware post. Nobody can except the Malware experts, so join the rest of us! :-D You can post in ANY of the other threads, and even reply if you wish, but not in malware, unless you have malware, and then you have to wait for 'your turn'.... Someone will get back to you there, do not worry, they haven't forgotten you.

In the meantime, stroll on over to software, or hardware, or any of the other threads and enjoy.... You will be fine, just take your time;)

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

The Lounge would be a good place.

6. v420

v420 Private E-2

Were you trying to respond in the Malware forum?

YEP, thats it.
    So you gotta be a malware expert to reply... well i guess thats a pretty good thing actually. thanks guys

7. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

...and welcome. You could do like I do sometimes,try it and if it doesn't work for you the Read the manual.In this case the rules and regulations.LOL Enjoy the place.;)

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Yes its a good rule for the malware forum as we decided many years ago that for effective help in removing malware that a member should have no distractions from other members posting their problems to members posting try this try that options, the malware forum here at Majorgeeks is manned by members here who offer their free spare time to help remove malware and are experts in that field.

The guides are a first start to removing malware but the need to start a thread and attach the logs requested in the guide are needed if the malware was notfully removed with the guide as many malwares these days are sneeky and have random names that antivirus/malware applciations cannot find, so an expert eye is needed.

Sadly with the explosion of PC and internet usage has come more work for these dedicated members of ours in the malware forun so a 24/48hr wait until they get to your thread and question is not uncommon, so never bump the thread as that sends your question to the back of the queue.

If you do have malware then follow the below

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds