Acer monitor goes to white screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mdowns, Mar 15, 2008.

1. mdowns

mdowns Private First Class

Hello folks :)

I've got a probem with my Acer AL1916W LCD monitor. I was in the middle of playing a game (Vanguard) and the screen suddenly went to white. Turning the monitor off and back on does nothing. Restarting the computer does not help either. I only get a black screen, then a white screen, then a black screen, and then a white screen as Windows loads up. Has my monitor gone kaputskies?

I had recently changed the refresh rate from 60 to 75, but the manual said that rate was supported. Nothing else had been changed driver or program wise.

Any help you might have would be appreciated. I really would be disappointed if this monitor is broke, cause it' not even a year old. :(

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do you have another monitor to test on your PC, just to rule out the PC? also if you have access to another PC, hook up the ACER LCD and check it out, if still white then likely you will need replacement ( inverter failures cause white screen ) and as its not over a yr old you should be still in warranty so seek a replacement from dealer or ACER.

3. mdowns

mdowns Private First Class

Well, I hooked the monitor up to another computer, and I got the same white screen. No "Acer" splash screen or anything, and the menu button doesn't work either. I don't have a spare monitor lying around here (the other computer is hooked up to the TV), so I haven't been able to check to see if it's a video card problem, but the fact that the monitor doesn't work on a different computer doesn't bode well. I've contacted both Acer and the company from which I bought the monitor, but have yet to hear a reply (it's the weekend, so no surprise there). We'll see.

Damn, and I had a full day to do some gaming. Isn't that always the case, eh?! ;)

4. manontheedge

manontheedge Private E-2

It's possible that the refresh rate you specified may not work very well at your current resoloution. Try toning the refresh rate down to 72, or maybe 70 and see if that helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds