Web page keeps opening over and over please help

Discussion in 'Software' started by rmbler, Mar 12, 2009.

1. rmbler

rmbler Private First Class

Hi all this is a new one to me I have an HP DV9008nr running win. XP pro with IE 6 and this morning I tried to open Wal Mart's home page it loads but as soon as it does it reloads over and over. I don't have this problem with any other site I tried to go to the site on my wife's computer running XP Home also IE 6 with no problem it just loaded. Also ran a virus scan with AVG and came up clean can anyone tell me what might cause this or how I can fix it. Thank you
    Phil

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

3. rmbler

Thank you for replying to this I wasn't sure that IE 7 Was much better so I never upgraded I run iisystem wiper as well as reg scrub and it was only on the one site so far I will try cc cleaner and see what happens what are the advantages with IE7. I haven't used any thing like fire fox I will try upgrading to 7 and running the program you suggested and post back. Thank you again for the advice I'll give it a shot.
    Phil

4. rmbler

OK I have tried everything and still have the problem with the web page loading over and over it wont stop any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What could cause this on one site only

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds