Laptop Touchpad and Keyboard Don't Work

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nickompoop, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Nickompoop

Nickompoop Private E-2

I just swapped a hard drive from a laptop with a busted screen to a laptop that works fine. Well, it did work fine until I activated Windows. The keyboard all of a sudden stopped working and the buttons below the touchpad won't work either.
    I can't find any keyboard drivers for Windows 7 on Sony's website and the touchpad drivers didn't seem to work. A Windows update didn't work, either.

Sony Vaio VGN-NR498E
    Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit

I desperately need this laptop up and running as soon as possible.

2. Nickompoop

Nickompoop Private E-2

Attempting to update again didn't work.

3. Nickompoop

Nickompoop Private E-2

An external keyboard works, but not the one on the actual laptop, even though the one on the laptop works in the BIOS.

4. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

Does the laptop keyboard work in Safe Mode? Press F8 continously as the laptop boots and select Safe Mode. See if the keyboard works that way.

If this works, I would go to the Device Manager and update the keyboard driver.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds