Keyboard all screwed up

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tempest1000, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Tempest1000

Tempest1000 Private E-2

(Not sure if this is software or hardware, sorry!)

Okay, so I was typing on Tumblr this morning and noticed my 'n\' key was screwed up. That's an example of the problem.

Second, anytime I press the left arrow key, the cursor goes left and the right-click menu drops down.

And the cursor randomly moves up.

The 'Home' key functions normally and also triggers the 6 keystroke and the 6 does the same thing.

The 'End' key does it's function and triggers the Y key. Sometimes the 'Y' does the same thing.

It's frustrating and makes typing a nightmare.

I've tried resetting the language-No go.

I've tried the Number Lock button-No go.

I need my netbook for school and homework.

HELP!!!

I'm sorry about not putting in the stats, but this is really frustrating.

Now the H button is making it go up.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

First reboot. Sometimes problems sort themselves out after rebooting.
    If you still have the problem, hook up an external keyboard and see if you still have the problem. This will determine if it is a software or a hardware problem which is helpful for troubleshooting. If the external is fine, it is hardware. If the external acts the same, it is probably software.

4. Tempest1000

Tempest1000 Private E-2

@falconattack: It's an Toshiba NB255-N250 running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Erm, felt from my hands? It got jostled a bit, but that was a while ago. This started this morning.

I'll try the malware. :)

@plodr: Same problem after restarting. I don't have an external keyboard on me right now, but Falcon's idea of On-Screen Keyboard showed me that it's not software.

My brother's gonna kill me if he has to fix it. /rolls eyes

5. Tempest1000

Tempest1000 Private E-2

I am so sorry! The day after I posted this my keyboard started working again and I'm just now getting back to posting that it's resolved itself!

I am so sorry! Work and RL kicked up and it's been crazy. Thank you all so, so much for all your help and suggestions! Who knows, maybe one of them finally kicked in!

Thank you all again!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds