Microsoft OLE DB!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Heloyse, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Heloyse

Heloyse Private E-2

Hello,

Today I was cleaning my hard drive and I found a folder named system in my program files/common files folder, in which its mainly files concerning Microsoft OLE DB...

This file is around 6GB alone, and I do a regular cleanup, but I've never noticed a file that big in there...

So I was wondering, is it something essential, is it part of a software that I'm using, Can I remove it...

Thank you

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

It is not wise to delete anytning here. But you do say it is around 6GB. Knowing what is taking this amount of space, I'm curious about. Is it one file taking this amount, or is it a conglomareate of files?

3. Heloyse

Heloyse Private E-2

Now that you asked about it, I looked through all the files, and I found a folder in there called mapi/1033, its a folder with over 5 GB, has a couple of files and folders in there...

But also had a lot of files from everquest 2 game...It is really weird, because I uninstalled EQ2 a while ago, and also usually its got its own common files folder...

But now the EQ2 files are mixed with some files that don't seem to be part of EQ2...

I deleted all the files that I'm sure are part of EQ2, so now the folder is down to 22mb...

I hope I didn't delete anything necessary hehe

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds