New Build Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IndigoAK, Feb 26, 2007.

1. IndigoAK

IndigoAK Private E-2

So, I just built this new system from a combination of both old and new parts and I'm kind of looking for cool stuff to do with it. I'm a gamer at heart, but outside of games...I guess I want to know what this baby can do.

Anyways, here she is:

Windows XP Pro - Windows Vista Ultimate
    AMD Athlon64 X2 5600+ 2.8GHz Windsor
    BFG Tech nVidia nForce 590 SLI Mobo
    2GB Kingston HyperX DDR2-800 Dual Channel RAM
    eVGA 512MB GeForce 7950GT
    X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro <-- I spared this from the old system.

I've tried Oblivion and WoW and she runs both of them pretty flawlessly, but it's not enough for me. I want something cooler....bigger hoops and fancier tricks. Any ideas? :p

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

sounds like a very nice system :). Not quite sure what you're asking...Are you looking for benchmarks to see how it compares with other systems?

If so, definetly run any of the incarnations of 3dMark, they're fun to watch and the newest version will always bring the top cards and systems to their knees ;-)

3. IndigoAK

IndigoAK Private E-2

Hmm, I suppose...I guess i"m just looking for cool stuff it can do that other stuff can't. I'm weird like that. I was planning on downloading 3D Mark 06, but girlfriend plays WoW and she gets fussy when the bandwidth gets hogged. confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds