Microsoft Outlook startup tries to log on to Microsoft Exchange Server

Discussion in 'Software' started by geeker42, May 7, 2008.

1. geeker42

geeker42 Private E-2

My laptop was bonused to me by my former employer. As I understood it our access to e-mail was through Microsoft Exchange Server. Now I would like to use Microsoft Outlook but when I double-click on the icon to run it I get a message saying my default folder cannot be found and the attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server failed.

I have attached a screen capture of the message. I have also attached a file containing my laptop system information.

Could someone please tell me where I need to make changes to eliminate the attempts to log on to a Server that I'm sure I don't mean to be accessing anyway? Is there a way to access the default folder it is referring to (if it is even on my computer) in case there is something left there that I would want to read or archive? How do I get everything set up to make Microsoft Outlook functional?

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds