Compaq Armada M700 Laptop - Memory Problem!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AllproJJ, Jun 4, 2004.

1. AllproJJ

AllproJJ Private E-2

I have a Compaq Armada M700 Laptop.
    I just got back from vacation and went to start up my laptop, and I got a blank screen saying "INVALID MEMORY MODULE PLUGGED IN!"
    I already took out the memory chips and the computer still says the same error message. I must have bumped it when we were packing to go home from our trip.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks

2. Gilj

Gilj Private E-2

I had EXACTLY the same problem, easy to fix:

OK

Step 1 - remove keyboard (slide little sliders towards you there are 4 if i remember correctly at the top of the keyboard then lift keyboard)

Step 2 - Take out expansion memory stick (this laptop has 64 mbytes internal memory or more)

Step 3 - Replace keyboard, install windows

Step 4 - Replace memory stick and windows will now boot correctly with no memory errors, I replaced my stick into the 2nd slot but im quite sure that it will work anyway even in the same slot.

Thats it.

Let me know if it worked for you please mate, but ive done it to 3 compaq armada m700's all with the same fault and they all worked fine.

3. av3ng3r85

av3ng3r85 Private E-2

I am having the same problem with the m700.Any recommendations? I have the memory at this link : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820159402

Is that compatible with m700?If i boot with the original stick of 128 it works fine but the new 256 stick in either slot makes it give an error.Thanks in advance for your help.

4. acejones

acejones A Different Title

do not hijack someone elses thread. if you have a question of your own, make your own thread.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds