Problem: Asus graphs. card on Asus mobo.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by archiebunker, Jul 14, 2004.

1. archiebunker

archiebunker Private E-2

I recently upgraded my system to a P4 running on an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard. I decided that, for now, I would keep my old graphics card, also an Asus, model V7700 Deluxe (I got this thing for Asus' Deluxes :) ).

I installed WinXP and immediately noticed these black dots all over the screen like burnt pixels on a dying LCD. I tried a different graphics card and the black dots didn't appear. Tried my V7700 on another motherboard and the black dots also didn't appear. It's like these two equipments are simply incompatible, notwithstanding the fact that they come from the same manufacturer :rolleyes: .

Does anyone reading this have the same/similar setup? If so, did you also get black dots on the screen or did your system work fine? In any case, can someone give me a hint as to how I can solve this problem (or if I should just get real and cough up the dough for a new graphs. card)?

Thanks in advance!

--Archie

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I know that that Mobo will only accept 1.5V AGP GFZ cards ( and .8v ) but I cannot find a spec sheet on the ASUS 7700 Deluxe is it a 1.5v card?

sometimes with new mobos you need to clear CMOS to get hardware or even the OS to install correctly.

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

graphics corruption can be cause by alot of diff problems; IE overheating , under/over clocking , bad graphics drivers, corrupt installation of graphics drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds