Wireless Internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Firestrom223, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Firestrom223

Firestrom223 Private E-2

I'm about to get a laptop and I don't have the internet at my house anymore. The only internet my family has is at my moms store not even 1/4 a mile up the street and I want to be able to get online w/o having to leave my house.

So I was wondering if there was anything I could buy besides buying the internet for my house that would let me? like some super powerful wireless router or something.. Anyhelp would be appreciated

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

In order to connect to another location, you will need antennas on top of both structures, with excellent line of site. Also, to keep people from Hijacking your connection, you will have to use encryption such as WPA with a very good key.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds