Internet problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cutthroatsolomon, May 24, 2006.

1. cutthroatsolomon

cutthroatsolomon Private E-2

I have a problem that I cannot fix on my own. I just set up a wireless network in my home using a Netgear WGR614v6 wireless router. The connection works fine, but the problem is that on my computer, the only program that can access the internet is firefox. IE doesn't work, nor does norton liveupdate, or itunes music store. Can anyone help?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

With out more info, I'm going to guess that you used a different connection previously and have to go into the setting of each program and redo the connection .....unless you have a firewall that is stopping them (though I think more likely it's the former).

3. cutthroatsolomon

cutthroatsolomon Private E-2

Thank you so much. I went into the options in ie, and for some reason, it was set to use a proxy. I completely overlooked it before. I feel so stupid now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds