sony viao touchpad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mpc458, Apr 5, 2005.

1. mpc458

mpc458 Private First Class

greeting all,

Have a sony Viao PCG-300s series notebook and have reformatted and now I cant get the touchpad to work properly. Installed drivers but no luck..OS XP Pro SP2.

Any ideas??

thanks
    mpc458

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

hello,

how is it malfunctioning, btw? is it just not working? or is it working wrong? or is it just not working to full potential? if it's the last one, then go to the control panel (start/settings) double click on the mouse icon and just start tinkering.

good luck.

3. kadavill

kadavill MajorGeek

Your TP was working,you reformated,installed XPsp2.TP not working.right?
    question:
    1.Which OS before reformating?
    2.What was the reason for reformating?

Visit Sony viao,if they have any issues you may have company.
    Else you must dig a little in you control panel.Also check if all needed services are running.If there was any starup items which was needed that is disabled.And things like that you must check out.

4. mpc458

Well this laptop had XP home prior to reformat:
    Reason for reformat BSD yes the blue screen of death was the cause something to do with an install of a wireless card....everytime it booted it wanted to reboot
    and it just seemed to be easier to reformat and reload a new OS for a networked enviroment. Anyway installed os and drivers from the drivers disk which came with the Viao and the darn TP just wont do a thing. Plugged in a usb mouse and thats no problem....

What to do?
    Thanks
    mpc458 :eek:

5. matt69

matt69 Private E-2

Go to the Sony download site find your model and download all of the current drivers. My viao laptop had issues with the TP drivers and there is a current drive there.

They also have wireless drivers to work with xp home and pro there.

This will get you started.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

You have to have the correct driver mine is Synaptics® Pointing Device (TouchPad) Driver and Control Utility

6. mpc458

ok so i went to sonys website downloaded what should be the correct drivers. and no luck still no tpad. looked in cpanel /mouse /hardware....and no device loaded what the heck am i doing wrong?
    thanks
    mpc458 is going crazy

7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Unplug the usb mouse?I apologize in advance if you have done this.Or as was on my compaq press a button near the pad that turns it on. :confused:

8. mpc458

Well I dont have a usb mouse plugged in. Every time I try to install the drivers from sony it appears that nothing has changed...it it most distressing!

So again the story:

Formatted a Sony Viao PFG 370 loaded XP Pro from a Volume License CD "LEGAL" used restore drivers disk from sony "which was for XP Home" and then discovered no TOUCH PAD. Posted this info have had many replies but no luck as of yet. Went out to Sony's website downloaded drivers that should run Tpad and I cant even tell if they loaded.

All thoughts greatly received.

MPC458 :rolleyes:

9. Rikky

Have you installed service pack 1 and 2 or any updates from microsoft? :confused:

10. mpc458

SP1 Installed now....

11. Rikky

Any joy? :confused:

12. mpc458

Sp2 is installed at this time. any ideas...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds