Nothing-to-say Syndrome

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sibeer, Mar 22, 2009.

1. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Hi All. I think I've been suffering with this ailment (self-diagnosed) for a while. The main symptom is coming to your favorite forum, reading what others say, and having nothing relevant to add to the conversation. As a result you stop showing up and start hanging out a lot more in the real world. I just checked my email after a couple of weeks and found a birthday message from MG and realized how long it's been since I was here. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
    I still have my amatuer interests in playing with my computer, which has caused the need for two reformats in one month ( that's how you learn isn't it?). It sure runs fast after.
    I also have plans for a hobby website, based on the city I live in. We'll see if I can commit to seeing that through. I also suffer from "Never-get-around- to-doing-it Syndrome", and "Don't-have-a-clue-what-I'm-doing Syndrome".

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

I had that syndrome in the 70's when I grew up. My dad asked me was I playing with matches and was it you who almost burned down the house I told him I had nothing to say. Needless to say when I woke up (never remembered going to sleep) I was cured, that syndrome was gone for good. I was a little sore, couldn't sit down properly for a few days, but at least I was cured...

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Sibeer

I wish to be infected with that syndrome, at times I wish I didnt have an opinion on a topic, be that on a forum or in real life, just end up with good intentions on my part go down wrong.

Good to see you back on the forum tho :)

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

:eek Spending more time in the Real world???

haha...jk. I wish for the same as halo. Would be a nice change of pace. Hell, I just wish even if I did have an opinion, I could keep my mouth/hand shut. LOL

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I just try to keep things "light hearted" and I never EVER delve into those hot topics :eek No sir! LOL

6. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

LauraR, whatta ya mean "if I did have an opinion:confused" My dear lady, I've never seen you without one!roflmao;) Sorry LauraR, but you sort of left yourself open for that one and I just couldn't resist!!:-D

7. LauraR

LOL Thanks Stubby! :p

Actually that's kinda what I meant. My problem isn't having an opinion, it's keeping my mouth shut or my hand off the keyboard. :-D

8. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

If none of us voiced our opinions, we couldn't have discussions.

9. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

:confused

10. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hey sibeer, glad to see you finally have something to say.:-D I go through times when one can't shut me up and then there's times when I'm 'forumed out' and need a break from this form of communication which I happen to be in ATM. At least this thread was interesting.;)

11. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

There's a real world? Why does no one tell me these things!

Nah - to heck with it. Interacting with the real world might involve having to go outside . . . and who wants to do that?!

Hello, sibeer! :)

12. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Agree laura:)

13. Kestrel13!

what are you questioning? :confused :confused :confused I steer clear of debates and hot topics is what I'm tryna say! :) why did you quote what I said?

14. LauraR

lmao...you agree I can't keep my mouth shut?

:cry :-D

15. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

roflmao no laura thats not what i meant.
    I just meant i bite my lip sometimes and dont get involved with some topics ;)

16. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

you are absolutely right, my apologies :-o:-o:-o:-o

17. Kestrel13!

hehe no worries!! LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds