can't download avast to android 4.1.2

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by doc Holliday, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doc Holliday

doc Holliday Private First Class

I'm obviously too new to the smartphone world. I've been trying to download avast free to my samsung 4g lte 4.1.2 phone....but the only options I find use google play and all I get is a notice that no devices are present.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

And, why is google play my only option? Even majorgeeks sends me there....

Thanx

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Do you have a Google account(Gmail, Google+ ,Youtube for example)? If not, you'll need to create one and sign into Google Play on your phone.

There is also the Amazon app store.

3. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

Can you install other apps? It would be helpful if you could upload a screenshot of your issue.

4. Tomsm

Tomsm Private E-2

Maybe you have some problems with the connection (data transfer)?

5. Ninefifty

Ninefifty Private First Class

Four things I have to say to this Doc.
    What is the download limit on your mobile tarriff?
    If it is limited, you may have used up your allowance or your provider has put a cap on your downloading.

Have you tried downloading another security application?
    I use Comodo for mine.

Yes, Google is the only place you can download apps from on the Android scene.

And lastly, I doubt this will be the reason, it may be possible that Avast is not compatible with your device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds