Windows 8.1 Volume Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by kilogulf59, Dec 12, 2014.

1. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Private First Class

The volume is very low on my new HP laptop. Everything seems set OK...here's what I got...any ideas at all?

BTW, I did search, both here and the net and found nothing specific to 8.1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. C0rhHusk3r

C0rhHusk3r Private First Class

My wife's laptop has the same issue. Very hard to watch Netflix. As far as I know, a set of amplified speakers is about all you can do. Fortunately, they're not expensive.

3. kilogulf59

Had the same problem with our old laptop, Windows 7, but there was a setting somewhere I changed and it enhanced the volume nicely. That was a year and a half ago so I don't remember which setting or where it was.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Plug in a mini portable speaker. Mine cost about $20
    [​IMG]

5. kilogulf59

I appreciate the advice on using speakers and may have to go that route but I was wondering if there was a setting that needs to be on/off or adjusted?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds