freezing again

Discussion in 'Software' started by lyn, Sep 23, 2006.

1. lyn

lyn Private E-2

Geeks hepl! mouse froze 6 time trying to open! I have been defraging daily and used ccleaner as you suggested. Windows ME, 256 ram, readon all in wonder, 60 G HD half full. 6 1/2 years old.
    Lyn

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    • Usual suspects: Have you installed a new program, added a new device or made other significant changes? When a new problem crops up, you can usually find the cause in recent changes.

• Substitution: Try using a different mouse to see what happens. If the problem goes away, the solution is simple. If it doesn't, you've ruled out the possibility that the mouse is defective.

• Connections: If the mouse connects using a USB port, try a different port.

3. lyn

lyn Private E-2

6 trys to get in here! could dust in computer effect this problem? I'm on a horseranch with plenty of dust! I'll get another mouse today, any suggestions?Thanks soo much.
    Lyn

4. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

5. lyn

lyn Private E-2

wow! changed USB ports and it unfroze!!! That just dosn't happen without a restart!! That was probably it!
    It was hard to pull out, can that port be cleaned? How to test? Just try another item in the port? We are on a horse ranch, lots of dust, I've been hesitant to open it up to clean (Leave well enough alone theory) in case I would move something and create a problem.
    I can't believe you guys know computers so throughly you can fix problems online.!! I know this is an old system that should be replaced, really can't afford to do that for awhile.
    MAJORGEEKS ARE AWSOME!!!!
    THANKS SO MUCH!!
    Lyn

6. lyn

lyn Private E-2

It froze again before I got out of major geeks darn it! I have a logitec optical mouse I'll get a new one. It did freeze using my wacom tablet and mouse I'll do some cleaning as well. It does seem to be better?
    Thanks again,
    Lyn

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds